HandsOn Twin Cities recently launched our 2016 Spring and Summer Volunteer Guide. This season’s edition is filled with nearly 200 opportunities to share your gifts and support causes that are meaningful to you in your community. Grab the guide, take a look at our favorite reasons to volunteer and get out there. Be The Change. Volunteer.
- Get outside. Spend time in the fresh air, soaking up vitamin D and exploring nature. Volunteering has been shown to reduce stress and boost your immune system. Join Community Action Partnership of Ramsey and Washington Counties as they plant fruits and vegetables with Head Start children or adopt a yard with Alliance Housing.
- Bring people together. Volunteerism unites people of different, diverse backgrounds to work towards a common goal. Be a part of something bigger!
- Be a part of a community of volunteers. The Twin Cities metropolitan area is consistently ranked top in the nation for percentage of citizens that volunteer. Be a part of our legacy. Work in small teams and meet new people by working on home-building projects with Habitat for Humanity.
- Get relevant experience. Volunteering is a great way to gain relevant experience for college applications, internships and jobs. Serve on the Ramsey County Citizens Advisory Council or train as a Financial Advocate with Prepare and Prosper.
- Make it a family experience! Bring your family or friends along and volunteer as a group. Volunteering alongside others is an easy opportunity to meet new people or strengthen existing relationships. You can even volunteer from home with small children by making grab and go bags or tie blankets for The American Cancer Society.
- Learn new things! Discover your hidden talents, learn a new skill. Volunteering is a great way to boost your resume and try something you’ve never done before.
- Save resources! Volunteering provides valuable community services so funds can be spent on other things. Bring your own special skill set and creativity to your service and you WILL make a difference.
- Strengthen your community. As a volunteer you help support families, improve schools, support youth and beautify the community. Your service and volunteerism are an investment in your community and the people who live in it. Join the Park Connection’s Event on June 28 to restore the Grey Cloud Dunes.
- Have fun! Love what you do and do what you love. Be positive, smile, laugh. Through your service, you are inspiring change.
- Make the world a better place. Make a difference in someone’s life as you meet real community needs.
Download the 2016 HandsOn Twin Cities Volunteer Guide!