This upcoming Thursday is Give to the Max Day, a day of annual giving that benefits nonprofits and schools around Minnesota. Give to the Max Day was created in 2009, and has since become an annual tradition that generates both excitement and donations for many incredible organizations and causes.
In 2014, GiveMN raised more than $18 million in 24 hours during its annual Give to the Max Day celebration. This was a 7% increase from 2013. Let’s see if we Minnesotans can make 2015 the best year yet!
This year, HandsOn Twin Cities has made a goal of $10,000 for our Give to the Max Day campaign, and we need your help to reach it!
Why Donate to HandsOn?
The National Average Value of Volunteer Time is $23.07 per hour. Pledge an hour (or more) to support local volunteerism!
Established in 1919 as America’s first volunteer center, HandsOn Twin Cities is the Twin Cities only full-service volunteer center that both promotes and facilitates volunteerism while improving the community’s ability to create more impact with the time generously given by volunteers. We work with all types of volunteers, companies and nonprofit affiliates to ensure that every hour spent in the community is valuable.
- For people who want to volunteer we promote local, organized and relevant volunteer opportunities at nonprofits that know how to work with volunteers.
- For nonprofits we work as an extension of your staff, increasing your ability to provide meaningful volunteer experiences that are good for the volunteers and add to your impact. We provide training, tools and resources to help you serve your clients better and fulfill your mission. We promote your volunteer opportunities that support your mission.
- For companies we ease the burden of busy foundation and corporate relations staff, empowering you and your volunteers to serve the community better. We expertly manage individual and group projects from start to finish and help you pick projects and partners that align with your employee interests and corporate goals. In short, we make it easy for you.
Here’s just a snapshot of the impact some of our volunteers have made this year:
- 1,185 plants planted in community gardens
- 300 birthday bags assembled for less fortunate children Through your support,
HandsOn Twin Cities can continue to engage Minneapolis and St. Paul residents in mean
ingful volunteer service and better serve our 250 nonprofit partners!
For more info, or to schedule a gift today, please visit our GiveMN page:https://givemn.org/organization/Handsontwincities
Wondering what sort of impact you can make #In1hour? Keep an eye on our Twitter page to find out and see GTMD15 updates!