HandsOn Twin Cities recently launched our 2013 Summer Volunteer Guide. Check it out here! Grab the guide, take a look at our favorite reasons to volunteer and get out there. Be the change, volunteer!
- Get outside. Spend time in the fresh air, soaking up vitamin D and exploring nature. Volunteering has been shown to reduce stress, give you hope and boost your immune system.
- Be a part of a community of volunteers. The Twin Cities metropolitan area is consistently ranked top in the nation for percentage of citizens that volunteer. Be a part of our legacy.
- Get relevant experience. Volunteering is a great way to gain relevant experience for college applications, internships and jobs.
- Make it a family experience! Bring your family or friends along and volunteer as a group. Volunteering alongside others is an easy opportunity to meet new people or strengthen existing relationships.
- Learn new things! Discover your hidden talents, learn a new skill. Volunteering is a great way to try something you’ve never done before.
- Strengthen your community. As a volunteer you help support families, improve schools, support youth and beautify the community. Your service and volunteerism are an investment in your community and the people who live in it.
- Bring people together. Volunteerism unites people of different, diverse backgrounds to work towards a common goal. Be a part of something bigger!
- Save resources! Volunteering provides valuable community services so funds can be spent on other things. Bring your own special skill set and creativity to your service and you WILL make a difference.
- Have fun! Love what you do and do what you love. Be positive, smile, laugh. Through your service, you are inspiring change.
- Make the world a better place. Make a difference in someone’s life as you meet real community needs.
Find the summer guide here and volunteer on!